The Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) platform is based on electrochemiluminescence and provides a rapid and high performance method for quantifying levels of one to ten analytes within a single, small-volume sample. With this technology, single or multiple spots within each well (on a 96-well plate) are coupled with ligands that specifically bind the analyte. MSD assays are known to have high sensitivity due to electrochemical signal amplification.
We offer to:
- Develop new assays or kits for the Meso Scale platform, e.g. biomarker assays
- Run existing Meso Scale kits for customers and collaborators - both in large- and small-scale setups
Meso Scale analysis:
- MSD 96-well plates with either 1, 4, 7 or 10 spots per well are coupled with a different ligand on each spot (e.g. antibodies/aptamers, antigens or nucleotides)
- Samples (such as plasma, serum, milk or saliva) are added to the plate, followed by detection reagents including a sulfo-tag label (using intermittent wash steps)
- Results are measured in the Meso Scale reader, where electricity is added to electrodes on the MSD plate, leading to light emission by the sulfo-tag labels. Light emitted from each spot is measured with a CCD camera and the intensity is related to the amount of each analyte in the sample.
- The MSD platform can be used with e.g. indirect, capture sandwich, competition and genomic assay setups.
Advantages with the Meso Scale technology compared to e.g. ELISAs:
- Less time and labour required
- Less sample volume needed
- High flexibility (different combinations of detection probes can be spotted in each well)
- High sensitivity